Hunt Test Training Event
Known to SPBC as the
“Spring Fun Hunt”
Location: Club Grounds
Time: 8:00am –5:00 pm
We will be following the “Team Hunt” format used last year. You will work in a team consisting of 2 handlers and 2 dogs. Choose your team or draw names from a hat.
**Puppy Fun: This year we will also be running a puppy event, just for the “FUN” of it. Pups, not yet trained for gunfire will have the opportunity to run, play and find a bird or two. Price $20.00. Older dogs interested in a introduction to birds are welcome. This includes older dogs not acquainted with gunfire. No starter pistols. Dogs that are accustomed to gunfire should enter the regular Fun Hunt.
**Buy, Sell Trade Fun
Loaded with “Stuff”? 4 crates and only 1 dog, 10 guns and only 1 closet…Set up a table and buy, sell or trade it away.
Rules for Team Hunt:
- Each team will have unlimited shells & 20 minutes to harvest as many birds as you can. 60 seconds for retrieve allowed after gunshot if time runs out after shot.
- Dogs may be entered multiple times but can only be braced with the same dog once.
- All training devices will be allowed.
- Scoring will be number of birds bagged with the fewest shots.
- All laws and preserve regulations will be observed and everyone is required to wear blaze orange.
Please no bitches in season.
Lunch will be available on club grounds; details will be available closer Fun Hunt Date.
Pay Pal entries of $26/dog can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Call me, I can send an invoice and you can pay with any credit card. Please include dogs name and event to be run in the memo section.
Entry fee is $25 per run per dog, $20/pup. Make checks to: Sandhills Pointing Breeds Club. Send entries/checks to:
1161 7 Lks North
West End, NC 27376