Sandhills Pointing Breeds Club, Inc.
Annual Membership Meeting
6 May 2017
Meeting started: 11:15
Minutes read and approved
• Discussed the following items:
o Lean to and picnic tables
o Work Days: would like to have two
Ozzie recommended NC Wildlife in Ellerbee as a shooting clinic venue.
o Transitioning dogs from Junior to Master
o Fun Hunt for puppies and newcomers
o Wounded Warrior Event: Valerie Sails
• Looking for Volunteer for Hunt Test Co-Chair
Linda Rhodes said she would be interested.
• Member of the Year – Kevin Perez!!
• Savior Member – Susan Jackson!!
Checking Account Balance: $18,768
High cash position due to decline in expenses this year.
Hunt test Chair
Judges named for November Hunt test
ATV’s will be used for November Hunt test
Land Committee- Ozzie Osborne
• Proposes looking at putting a fence on field 5, which borders Andy Whites land
• $663.00 was spent on chemicals.
• Burn went well and Ozzie should receive compensation @ $25 per acre.
• Brick sales – Contact Ozzie
• Pigeons – Mike Ballenger will water and feed over the summer for $25 per week.
• Recommended knocking down wall to open up space in the house to make it more user friendly.
• Spraying for weeds will be done during the summer – Ozzie marks the sign in sheet notifying members that field(s) have been sprayed.
• Janie Bristow – Concerned that fields are not ready for field trials and that the land committee needs to be involved.
• Members concerned that there are not enough member meetings to become eligible to vote. Member meetings need to be on hunt test Saturdays.
• A question was asked if members should be notified of Board meetings. The By-laws state that the Secretary notifies the Board five days in advance of a board meeting. There is no requirement to notify members of a board meeting.
• Update and follow Orientation Procedures – Ozzie Osborne
• No map or directions to site on webpage – John Tallant will update information.
• Richard Armbrester was voted in as a new member.
• By-Law Changes
o Motion to approve – Cindy Osborne
o Passed unanimously
• Candidates selected by the Nominating Committee: President, Calvin Curnutte; Vice President, Lou Racick; Treasurer, Steve Smith; Secretary, Alissa Roberts; Board Members, Lynn Cox, Susan Jackson, and Kevin Perez.
• Ozzie Osborne Nominated Charles Tuttle for President of the Board of Directors – Charles accepted the nomination.
• Results of the Board election:
o President – Charles Tuttle
o VP – Vacant – Lou Racick did not accept the position. Board to appoint a VP per the By-Laws.
o Treasurer – Steve Smith
o Secretary – Alissa Roberts
o Board Members – Kevin Perez, Lynn Cox, Susan Jackson
Members in attendance:
Richard Armbrester Debbie Hallock Lou Racick
Howard Bokhoven Lee Hallock Linda Rhodes
Jennifer Borgo Vivian Hanson Alissa Roberts
Janie Bristow Ron Hobbs Claude Ruth
Jim Clemmons Susan Jackson Ann Ruth
Michelle Clemmons Ed Jesson Steve Smith
Larry Coldiron Dave Marshburn Wesley Strong
Claire Cowan Cindy Osborne John Allan Tallant
Lynn Cox Ozzie Osborne Robert Torka
Calvin Curnutte Kevin Perez Charles Tuttle
Don Duvall Kimberly Presley Todd Williams
12:29 Motion to adjourn by Calvin
Seconded by Charles